Factory and workshop
Dried ginger is nothing but fresh ginger which undergoes a drying process before being used. The fresh rhizomes are soaked in water overnight after which the outer peel is carefully removed using a knife or a peeler. They are washed again and then sun dried on mats or barbecues for around a week. During this period, they are turned periodically. The end result is a pale white dried ginger. Many a times, dried ginger is bleached with calcium carbonate to get a whitish covering on ginger. However, this is not required and can be avoided. This ginger is then powdered in a mixer to obtain dried ginger powder. It's a fine off whitish powder which has a strong aroma and slightly pungent flavour.
How to select
Dried ginger powder will be fine off whitish powder which has a strong aroma and slightly pungent flavour.
· Dried ginger powder is used in making spices and masalas which are used in gravies, curries, marinades, stews etc.
· Dried ginger powder is combined along with cardamom, cinnamon, fennel and cloves to make masala tea powder which is used in brewed teas.
· It is used in Indian, specifically Punjabi marinades for Tandoori starters, veg as well as non veg.
· It is commonly used to flavour gingerbreads.
· Dried Ginger powder is also used in certain food preparations particularly for expecting women and feeding mothers, the most popular one being Katlu which is a mixture of gum resin, ghee, dried ginger powder, nuts, and sugar.
· Dried ginger powder is used in tea or coffee and also in siddha medicine.
How to store
Always store dried ginger powder in an air tight container in a cool dry place away from moisture and humidity.
· Dried Ginger powder is an effective cure for indigestion, sore throat, cold and cough.
· It is used to treat nausea.
· Ginger's therapeutic properties help stimulate blood circulation, cleanse the bowels and kidneys, remove toxins from the body and nourish the skin.
· It is used in the treatment of asthma and other respiratory problems.
Photos of ginger and powder
Contact us if you need more details on Ginger Powder. We are ready to answer your questions on packaging, logistics, certification or any other aspects about Ginger、Ginger Powder. If these products fail to match your need, please contact us and we would like to provide relevant information.
Product Categories : Sauce Series