Model No.: mustard paste
1 norm 150ml
2 Durability 12 month
3 Color brown
The mustard paste refers to a thick paste prepared by mixing mustard, vinegar, chillies and salt. This is a thick yellowish-brown paste with a sharp taste made from the ground seeds of a mustard plant (white or yellow mustard. Grinding the mustart seeds gives dried mustard powder and adding water and spices during grinding gives mustard paste.A strong mustard paste can cause the eyes to water, sting the palate and inflame the nasal passages. It can also cause allergic reaction. One of the factors that determine the strength of a prepared mustard paste is the temperature of the water, vinegar, or other liquid mixed with the ground seeds: hotter liquids are more hostile to the strength-producing compounds. Thus, hot mustard is made with cold water, while using hot water results in milder mustard. This pungent paste is great for the bold taster. This paste can be served as salad dressing or with fish and chicken.
How to select
Always check the expiry date and look out for any discoloration or gas formation ( bubbles) in the bottle, especially near the tip. Fresh mustard paste can easily be prepared at home in a grinder.
· The pungency of mustard is always reduced by heating, not just at the time of preparation; if added to a dish during cooking much of the effect of the mustard is lost.
· Use as an accompaniment to hot or cold meats. Add to cream or red wine sauces for depth and piquancy
· Mustard paste can be used to prepare fish curries, mixed vegetables and in various regional curries and gravies.
· Mustard paste usually comes as a thick paste, and is used either as a dipping sauce or in stir frying. Ideal for breaded and fried foods, barbecue, hamburgers, tacos, rice, etc.
· Mustard is often used at the table as a condiment on meat. It is also used as an ingredient in mayonnaise, vinaigrettes.
· Marinating the chicken with mustard paste and then grilling on a barbeque is fantastic.
· Along with its use on various sandwiches, yellow mustard is a key ingredient in many potato salads, barbecue sauces, and salad dressings.
· Pour this paste over steamed vegetables for a beautiful combination of colour and flavour.
How to store
Keep the bottles in a dark cool cupboard for 3 months before using if you can. After opening the seal, keep mustard paste in the fridge and add a teaspoon to your next dish for its delectable taste.
· Mustard is known to be very helpful for digestion, and can help to speed up your metabolism
· Mustard seeds are a very good source of omega-3 fatty acids as well as calcium, dietary fiber, iron, manganese, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus, protein, selenium and zinc.
· it is antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic and has anti-inflammatory properties.
· And since its pungent, tangy taste enhances food so uniquely, it can easily replace fattier condiment options such as mayonnaise, butters and sugary ketchups.
Product Categories : Mustard Paste